Oscar® Nominated Shorts – Documentary
Saturday, February 23, 2013 at 9:00am
ShortsHD™ is once again bringing the wildly popular OSCAR® nominated short film programs (Live Action, Animation, and Documentary) to theaters in the US, Canada, and Europe beginning February 1st.
The theatrical release of the Academy Award Nominated Short Films has been met by enthusiastic audiences ever since the first release in 2006, giving people around the world an opportunity to see the nominated films prior to the Academy Awards ceremony on February 24th.
Documentary Program A – estimated running time 126 minutes
• King’s Point (dirs. Sari Gilman and Jedd Wider, USA/English, 40 minutes) – Over the course of a decade, five senior citizens living in the Kings Point retirement community face loss, illness and an increasing sense of isolation in their lives.
• Mondays at Racine (dirs. Cynthia Wade and Robin Honan, USA/English, 39 minutes) – On the third Monday of every month, sisters Cynthia and Rachel open their Long Island beauty salon to women undergoing chemotherapy.
• Inocente (dirs. Sean Fine and Andrea Nix Fine, USA/English, 42 minutes) – Fifteen-year-old Inocente, a homeless, undocumented immigrant, clings to her determination to become an artist in the face of a bleak future.
Documentary Program B – estimated running time 80 minutes
• Redemption (dirs. John Alpert and Matthew O’Neill, USA/English, 35 minutes) – In New York City, individuals known as canners survive by collecting cans and bottles from trash and recycling bins and redeeming them for money.
• Open Heart (dirs. Keif Davidson and Cori Shepherd Stern, USA/English, 39 minutes) – Eight Rwandan children with serious heart disease travel to the Salam Centre in Sudan for treatment.
BUY ALL THREE SHORTS PROGRAMS! Use the Buy Tickets link to the right to purchase tickets for the nominated Documentary short films. Want to see them all? CLICK HERE to get a discount on tickets for all three OSCAR® nominated short film programs!
‘ACADEMY AWARDS®’ is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
‘OSCAR®’ is the registered trademark and service mark of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.